Sunday 15 July 2012

Fibre Broadband at last....

Ok what I meant was that I finally changed my mind to let the guys from Opennet come into my home to install the fibre termination point (TP)

When I received the letter from Opennet inviting me to install the TP, I was a bit apprehensive. I HATE any drilling or running wires in my home.

But upon a chance visit to my friend's home, he gave me a good idea on where to install the TP.

So.....the consideration was this.

a) No need to run the fibre from your front door to the electrical points next to your TV. This is because the NIMs project was canned....
b) You can always use a wireless router to "WiFi" your home.
c) Best to install the TP next to an electrical point
d) When subscribing for your Fibre Broadband package, choose a provider that give you 2-in-1 residential gateway (RG) plus Wireless Router device. Saves on getting an extra plug if you need to get a Wireless router yourself.


Finally on the fateful day on 6 July, the contractor from Opennet came to install my fibre TP.

The contractor did a good job at my request to drill 1 small hole through the wall to accommodate the fibre. After which he ran the trunking down vertically to the TP.





This was the final result:



Next project is to choose a Fibre Broadband provider.......so many choices......again


No comments:

Post a Comment