Monday 2 July 2012

Survellience Camera for home....should I do it?

Currently considering the available options for *cheep* and workable solution. Why cheap? Because I do not need professional quality as I do not forsee myself using the video in the courts. Its more of just doing it for fun.

30 July - saw that Az***h was having a promotion on ip camera at Challenger. Went to look at their online manual, called their tech support and it seemed its not so simple to setup the camera to view from a mobile phone. Argghh these DDNS and port forwarding are so complicated. So I gave up!

2 Aug - asked the Starhub technician that installed my fibre broadband on how to open the port in the D-link router / gateway. He game me a good answer. Go buy a d-link ip camera as they have already setup the DDNS for you. Sure will work one. And they even have a iPhone app.

I left it as that......

Will post more when I have the time to search around.

No comments:

Post a Comment