Wednesday 8 August 2012

Dishwasher Door Lock Replacement

Yesterday after 4 years, the dishwasher door decided to give up :-(

It simply refused to close. A call to the service centre in Singapore gave me the earliest appoint on Saturday. That meant 4 days without dishwasher.....but I had no choice but to accept it.

That was until my wife checked on Youtube. There was a video that explained the probable reason the dishwasher door could not close. It was due to a broken lock.

Today, I called the service centre and they had the part in stock. I paid $51 for the door lock. But that meant I saved $60 in service charges....and not to mention the ability to use the dishwasher today.


The process of changing the lock was pretty straight forward. The Youtube video did help. The process of changing the door lock is not too intimidating but it helped that my wife was around to assist in holding the partially dismantled door.

The problem with the lock was a broken spring.
Picture of the broken door lock. The spring snapped after 4 years.
It just reminds me of how sometimes we take things for granted. The dishwasher has been dutifully washing the dishes almost everyday. But I only feel the importance of it when I have to do the dishes by hand.....thank God for his grace that I was able to replace the lock today.......and I did not have to do the dishes by hand.

God is Good! I feel so loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment