Friday 3 August 2012

iPhone, My LCD went dead....

My iPhone 3GS aw showing signs of age.... At almost 2 years old, the LCD panel started to develops a grey line at the bottom of the display.

So.... I thot perhaps I could get a replacement LCD from eBay and change it myself. After all, YouTube had many DIY videos.

So I ordered a LCD from eBay for 12USD. Waited for 1 month, the LCD arrived.
It looked kind of funny. The packaging was fine, bubble wrapped and the box looked alright but there seemed to be a blot of black on the LCD and there were 3 lines.

This being my first time seeing a real LCD panel, decided to give it a try. I replace it according to the YouTube videos and viola, the LCD was really faulty.

I tried to use back my old LCD unfortunately it was also damaged already.

Lesson learned:
1) I will not buy electronic stuff from eBay in future even if it is very cheap
2) get a professional to fix it

I got the LCD replace at a phone repair shop for $55. Done on the spot in 10 minutes.

I was penny wise and pound foolish.

No comments:

Post a Comment