Wednesday 8 August 2012

Spark in my Induction Hob, Power Trip, Exploding sound!

It has happened 3 times already.

When my wife turned on the 32amp switch for the induction hob, a spark was seen followed by a exploding sound and the power tripped.

So I called the agent that sold me the induction hob. Based on their technical support's analysis, the probably cause is a faulty PCB unit in the induction hob.

To replace the PCB cost $350 and 2 units have to be replaced in my 4 burner induction hob.

Also, the other cause could be poor ventilation for the induction hob. That one I understand cos the hob sits above my kitchen cabinet. So next time, I will open the cabinet doors when we cook.

Another probable reason is that moisture may have seeped into the induction hob due to spills.

For whatever reason, I am happy the induction hob can still be used.

Just checked out a similar 4 burner induction hob. It cost around $1699.

Seriously, I think I will replace rather than repair.....

No comments:

Post a Comment