Thursday 2 August 2012

Fibre at Last - Who shall it be?

August marks an exciting month....things are supposed to go faster.

I made my choice of service provider for my Fibre Broadband service......it was with Starhub. No brainer actually cos I was on their cable broadband service and it meant just switching a broadband service plan.....but still with a 24 month contract.

Well, I did give a thought about going with M1. Considering their $39 a month 100mbps plan was the lowest in the market. But truth of the matter is.....that would mean paying about $20 more a month for me. And what is the point of having cable broadband from Starhub and fibre broadband from M1.

In the end, I chose Starhub because the top up was like $18 more a month to upgrade from 16mbps to 100mbps. In reality, on my iPad, I could get only about 32mbps uplink and 18mbps downlink. But I did feel the difference when downloading files.

The white box is the ONT and the other is the wireless router/gateway

Was considering not to install fibre broadband 2 months back, but I am really happy I installed it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment